When it comes to Valentine’s Day, there are all sorts of different personality types. There’s the hopeless romantic, the love-hater, the every-holiday-is-fun friend or the apathetic couple who won’t let a calendar day tell them when to celebrate their love…and those are just a few. Whichever person you find yourself being this year, we hope you find something unique and out-of-your-ordinary to do. Here are 13 ideas that we like:
1. Fill a heart shaped box with your S.O.’s favorite food.
I did this for Aaron and he loved it! I bought a box from Target and filled it with tacos from his favorite spot. Then I gave it to him with a little poem note I wrote.
2. Find something fun to do in your own city.
Here are some things I found in Houston:
- Houston Symphony Presents ET the Extraterrestrial at Jones Hall on Thursday, February 9th. Sounds like nostalgic bliss.
- Tapas on the Trails at the Houston Arboretum & Nature Center on Friday, February 10th & Saturday, February 11th. Tapas and a candle lit nature walk? Yes, please.
- Day date at the Houston Museum of Natural Science to see the Planetarium. Is your love outta this world?
- Book a room at the new Marriott Marquis in Downtown Houston. They have a rooftop Texas shaped lazy river pool that is amazing!
3. Make homemade sushi with your significant other or with friends!
Aaron and I did this last year and we enjoyed it so much.
4. Have a picnic at a park.
Every town has a cute park(s); find one around you, pack some delicious goodies and enjoy!
5. Take dancing lessons for a night!
Learn some new moves with your significant other or friends!
6. Make easy & fun Valentine’s yummies.
Here are some of my Pinterest faves:
- Rice Krispies Funnel Kisses
- Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- Valentine’s Day Mini Cherry Heart Pies
- Perfectly Pink Valentine’s Day Popcorn
- And for the health conscious type, here are 14 Healthy Valentine’s Day Treats
7. Make these cute conversation heart piñatas and fill them with treats for your friends, SO or kids!
I bought a piñata for Aaron’s birthday last year & filled it with random things he loves. It was so fun!
8. Buy yourself a gift! Why not?
Treat yourself to something fun and something special. It will be the best gift because I mean, who knows you better than you?
9. Go out of town – plan a trip!
Find a new adventure and get lost with friends for a day.
10. Name a Roach after your Ex.
The Bronx Zoo gives people the opportunity to name a Madagascar hissing roach after anyone and they give you a certificate too! It’s only $10 and they even have larger packages where you could add chocolate or a plush cockroach to your purchase. Haha. Do iiitt.
11. Make homemade gifts for loved ones!
Homemade Gifts Made Easy has so many cute ideas!
12. Drive-In Movies!
Why don’t people do this as much anymore?
13. Give a creative bouquet: hand picked flowers, candy, cookies or puppies…
I actually googled “puppy bouquets” and found this, not exactly what I had in mind, but cute lol:
I’m not sure exactly what our Valentine’s Day plans are yet…but if it gets down to the wire and the calendar still looks a little empty, I may just send Aaron the link to this blog post 😉
Ya, let’s take advantage of the month to celebrate love & friendship!
Argelia Madrigal says
Love it! Thanks for the tips.
Thanks! Sure thing, Nina!
Yeah, there’s so many things to do!
Kaye Trickett says
U are so creative ! I see the Creator of Heaven and earth and tacos in u!
Keep em coming – the lovely , thoughtful , awe- inspiring ideas .
U girls rock !
Thanks Kaye! Glad you liked it! Thank you for reading!