When it comes to Valentine’s Day, there are all sorts of different personality types. There’s the hopeless romantic, the love-hater, the every-holiday-is-fun friend or the apathetic couple who won’t let a calendar day tell them when to celebrate their love…and those are just a few. Whichever person you find yourself being this year, we hope you find something unique and out-of-your-ordinary to do. Here areÂ 13 ideas that we like:
1. Fill a heart shaped box with your S.O.’s favorite food.
I did this for Aaron and he loved it! I bought a box from Target and filled it with tacos from his favorite spot. Then I gave it to him with a little poem note I wrote.
2. Find something funÂ to do in your own city.
Here are some things I found in Houston:
- Houston Symphony Presents ET the Extraterrestrial at Jones HallÂ on Thursday, February 9th. Sounds like nostalgic bliss.
- Tapas on the Trails at the Houston Arboretum & Nature CenterÂ on Friday, February 10th & Saturday, February 11th. Tapas and a candle lit nature walk? Yes, please.
- Day date at the Houston Museum of Natural Science to see the Planetarium.Â Is your love outta this world?
- Book a room at the new Marriott Marquis in Downtown Houston. They have a rooftop Texas shaped lazy river pool that is amazing!
3. Make homemade sushi with your significant other or with friends!
Aaron and I did this last year and we enjoyed it so much.
4. Have a picnic at a park.
Every town has a cute park(s); find one around you, pack some delicious goodies and enjoy!
5. Take dancing lessons for a night!
Learn some new moves with your significant other or friends!
6. Make easy & fun Valentine’s yummies.
Here are some of my PinterestÂ faves:
- Rice Krispies Funnel Kisses
- Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- Valentine’s Day Mini Cherry Heart Pies
- Perfectly Pink Valentine’s Day Popcorn
- And for the health conscious type, here are 14 Healthy Valentine’s Day Treats
7. Make these cute conversation heart piÃ±atasÂ and fill them with treats for your friends, SO or kids!
8. Buy yourself a gift! Why not?
Treat yourself to something fun and something special. It will be the best gift becauseÂ I mean, who knows you better than you?
9. Go out of town – plan a trip!
Find a new adventure and get lost with friends for a day.
10. Name a Roach after your Ex.
The Bronx Zoo gives people the opportunity to name a Madagascar hissing roach after anyone and they give you a certificate too!Â It’s only $10 and they even have larger packages where you could add chocolate or a plush cockroach to your purchase. Haha. Do iiitt.
11. Make homemade gifts for loved ones!
Homemade Gifts Made Easy has so many cute ideas!
12. Drive-In Movies!
Why don’t people do this as much anymore?
13. Give a creative bouquet: hand picked flowers, candy, cookies or puppies…
I actually googled “puppy bouquets” and found this, not exactly what I had in mind, but cute lol:
I’m not sure exactly what our Valentine’s Day plans are yet…but if it gets down to the wire and the calendar still looks a little empty, I may just send Aaron the link to this blog post ð