Oh Guess what’s right around the corner…? CINCO DE MAYO! Cinco de Mayo is a holiday that celebrates the date of 1862 when the Mexican army had victory over France at the Battle of Puebla in the Franco-Mexican War. Although it is minimally celebrated in Mexico, the U.S has turned this day into a huge party time, particularly in Latin American populated areas. We’ve decided to talk about some of the best party eats and pretty decor you would need to make your 2017 Cinco de Mayo party one your guests will NEVER forget. 21 appetizers, dinners, desserts and decorations that will make your party timeless!
To start off, appetizers that will get your guests’ taste buds flowing…
- THE BEST GUACAMOLE EVER – now we love our guac and we found this killer recipe you gotta have at your party.
- Refreshing Horchata – horchata is delicious, so rich and creamy, definitely a game changer.
- 7 layer bean dip cups – yummmm 7 layer bean dip is one of my faves. Everything you want in one dip!
- Mexican Street Corn – “get that corn outta my face!” if you don’t know where that quote is from… who are you?!?! But street corn is seriously a necessity.
- Copycat Torchy’s Queso – alright for all the Texas people out there… yes queso is pretty delicious, but only if it is done right.
Next up… Dinner items that will knock your socks off!
6.Cream Cheese Chicken Taquitos – yummmm chicken taquitos with cream cheese, ooohhh yes!
9. Slow Cooker Carnitas – carnitas are always a hit!
10. NACHOS – ummmm yas nachos hit the spot. EVERY TIME.
Of course desserts, everyone’s favorite part…
11. Flan – so flan is one of those “you gotta be in the mood for it” type of desserts, but it is creamy and delightful all in one.
12. Sombrero Cookies – so cute and eye catching, the perfect after dinner treat!
15. Buñuelos with Chocolate dip – oh my gosh these are cinnamon sugar tossed chips baked in the oven and then dipped in chocolate?! HECK YES.
Want to make your guests’ jaws drop? Beautiful decor that will leave them speechless!
16. Flowers in a Can – this is so unique and the best way to show some Mexican style.
17. DIY Paper Flowers – yes I remember making these flowers with my mom when I was little, they are so precious and add a great touch!
18. Taco Piñata – um yes yes and yes. This is a must and so fun! Fill it with Mexican candies, yum!
19. Paper Picadel Banners– these are so cool and show the Latin flavor with cut out designs.
20. Party Pepper Name Tags – these are so unique and simple. Perfect latin flare to add to your table!
21. Churro Bar – go get those awesome blow up letter balloons and decorate your table with a “churro bar” sign, and ALL the churrosssss.
Feliz fiesta and happy Cinco de Mayo!