One of our favorite creations is finally making its way on the blog. Quimi and I started making our take on a Fruit Tart last summer and we couldnât stop making it because it was just too good. We got into a time where we wanted a healthier dessert that didnât feel super heavy. So this was our healthy alternative and twist on the regular fruit tart. It has been quite a while since weâve made a fruit tart and I was super pumped to make one again. Its almost like you forget what it tastes likeâ¦lol. I feel that way with a lot of foods haha.
It is the easiest fruit tart recipe youâll ever make and takes hardly any time at all to prepare. I think that is also part of the reason why we love it so much. We love making things that are quick and easy and very delicious so we can eat it ASAP.
There are so many ways you can make a fruit tart recipe, and some of you might say âthis doesnât seem quite as healthyâ well we do cheat a little and use a store-bought crust, but think about it, nothing really compares to the buttery, crispy goodness of good old fashioned pie crust, yum!
Not to mention this is the best summer dessert! Try it out as soon as you can and you’ll see what a hit it will be!
This fruit tart isâ¦
Without further ado…
Fruit Tart Recipe
- Frozen Pie Crust (or whatever pie crust youâd like to use)
- 1 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 2 cups of whipped heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or more to taste
- Assorted berries or fruit of your choice
- First things first take your frozen pie crust out of the container and follow the package instructions for baking. Ours says to leave out to defrost for 10 minutes and then place in oven for 11-14 minutes at 400 degrees.
- While the crust is baking, make your whipped cream. Place 2 cups of heavy whipping into a bowl or your kitchen aid mixer and whip it up until medium size peaks form.
- After you’ve made your whip, your pie will most likely be done baking. Take it out to cool and then grab the rest of your ingredients, yogurt, berries, maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Start by mixing yourÂ yogurt with the whipped cream, folding ever so lightly so you don’tÂ lose that whipped look. Then add the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Cut up and wash your berries. We used strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries. We cut up our strawberries and then shaped them into triangles, haha. you could do whatever shapes you’d like!
- Then all that’sÂ left is to assemble! Grab your cooled pie crust and the whipped cream and yogurt filling, pour the filling into the crust making sure the top is all evened out. Then decorate it with all your yummy berriesssss!
- We like to chill ours for a little bit before we dive in, but dive in when you’d like! Its so good either way!
This dessert is perfect for summer parties, gatherings, hangouts; its the quickest dessert and definitely tastes so good! We hope you can try this out and add your own little tweaks to it! It’s so fun to make and can be done in minutes! Let us know if you try it! -XOXO