Chocolate Chip Cookies make everything better, right?! I mean, you have to agree. The only thing is that there are a million recipes out there! Haha. Now, we haven’t tried every recipe out there, but we have to say this is the best recipe we have ever made. We wanted to make a chocolate chip cookie that was less carb filled and gluten-free, so we came up with this one and we are in love!
It’s often difficult to find a gluten-free recipe that tastes just as good as the original…but this one really does! These are gluten-free chocolate chip cookies made with almond flour! We made these for Valentine’s Day, hence the heart shapes, frosting and sprinkles. We loved adding the frosting as an extra treat, but you definitely don’t need to. These easy gluten-free chocolate chip cookies are so great on their own.
My husband and brother-in-law even loved them! The first time I made these, the three of us ate the entire sheet of 12 cookies in one evening. Lol. We just couldn’t stop eating them!! They are that good. Take it from men who usually would be against something “gluten-free”, haha. These could very well be the best gluten-free chocolate chip cookies around.
Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
Makes 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups almond flour (or any gluten-free flour or regular flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Melt butter then pour into a large bowl. Whisk it together with the sugars and salt until it’s all combined and all the clumps are gone.
- Add the egg and vanilla and whisk together.
- Sift in your flour and add baking soda. Mix together with a spatula.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out the dough on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Leave space in between each cookie as they will expand.
- Bake for 10-15 min or until the edges begin to brown.
- Let them cool and enjoy!
You can totally add frosting like we did to add that special treat! So good. We just frosted them with store bought frosting this time because we have yet to come up with a great frosting recipe that we love and tastes just as good or better than store bought. Hopefully we will soon though! The way we made them into hearts shapes, was by spreading the cookie dough on two separate baking sheets (leaving room on the edges for it to expand) and once they baked, we used the cookie cutters to shape them into hearts. So cute and fun! We hope you love this recipe as much as we do! If you’d like to try another one of our gluten-free recipes, check out our Gluten-Free Pizza Crust!