What up friends! It’s Friday and we are sharing our newest recipe with you all!!!
Since so many of you have asked about this recipe we had been showing on our Insta Stories, we’re finally bringing it to the blog and it’s a keeper for sure! We know so many of you are trying to eat healthily and workout and what not, but who says you have to give up bomb food?! We are sharing our newest favorite recipe for a low carb pizza crust because who doesn’t LOVE pizza, am I right!?! There are so many ways you can go about this, but what we found that we really enjoy is making a zucchini crust that tastes amazing and is nutritious at the same time. The ingredients are superrrr simple and it takes literally no time at all to prepare!!! It’s the best, quickest and easiest recipe.
I was a little skeptical about the texture and taste of this crust before trying it, but let me tell you, you can’t even taste the zucchini in it at all once it’s baked!! This is such a game changer when you want to have pizza but not all the carbs. It is also gluten-free! So for all of you that might have an intolerance or can’t have gluten, this is the perfect alternative for you. What I love most about this recipe is that you get your serving of vegetables! Since the crust is made of zucchini you don’t really have to add more vegetable toppings! This pizza would be great at a gathering with some friends or just for dinner one night with your family. Share it with others and see what they think, they’ll be shocked at how good it is!
Let’s get started!
Serves 2; Double the ingredients to make a larger pizza that will serve 4.
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup flour/gluten-free flour/almond flour
- 3 tbsp egg whites or 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- Preheat your oven to 550 degrees.
- Grate the zucchini in a bowl with either a tea towel or a double lined paper towel. Add your salt and mix it in with your hands, let it rest for 15 mins.
- After 15 mins squeeze out as much of the excess water you can. Then throw the shredded zucchini back in the bowl and add the rest of your ingredients, Mexican cheese, parmesan cheese, flour, egg whites or egg, and garlic. Use your hands to combine.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour out your zucchini mixture. Start to shape the mixture into a large circle crust.
- Make sure it is all even and laid out proportionately, forming a little raise on the edges for the crust part.
- Bake for 8 mins, once it’s done, take it out and add your toppings. We did pepperoni, salami, jalapeños and more cheese, of course. Use whatever toppings you like!
- place it back into the oven for 5 more mins, and then you’re done!!
- Take out your pizza and cool slightly, then cut into slices and enjoy!
Please let us know if you try this recipe! We love to hear from you -xoxo!
Leave a Reply