Hello quarantine friends!!! How’s everyone holding up? We hope you are staying safe and washing your hands!!
It’s been quite some time since we’ve shared a blog and well, life has been busy. We miss it though and we are excited to get back into it! Starting off with my favorite go-to banana bread recipe!!! I loveeeeeee banana bread. I’ve made this recipe a dozen times and every time it comes out perfect! I love that it is simple and quick and not too complicated. For a while, I was on a banana bread kick and would make one once a week. Especially when I was still in college, I would make it so often and then take some with me to school as a snack or breakfast on the go. You could easily make this recipe with things you have on hand at home. It can be altered and changed and you can use substitutes for almost any of the ingredients. But this is a base I like to go off of and then use whatever I have on hand to make it work. If you don’t have almond flour you can use regular flour no problem its typically a 1:1 ratio. For example, the one I made in the photos has all-purpose flour instead of almond flour and it turned out just as good!
3 bananas mashed
2 cups almond flour – or all-purpose flour
1.5 tsp vanilla
1.5 tsp baking soda
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
1/3 cup coconut sugar (or any other sugar you’d prefer; this is optional if you don’t want added sugar just leave this out)
1/2 cup chocolate chips
Chocolate chips, walnuts, cocoa powder, any type of nut, also flaxseed or chia seeds for added protein and fiber.
If you decide to use all-purpose flour, you may need to cut down the baking time, by 5 or 6 minutes and use less baking soda.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and line a bread pan with parchment paper, this works really well because you will have no mess and can completely remove the bread from the pan when it is finished and place it on a cutting board.
- First mash your bananas, once they are all mashed add the eggs and whisk all together. If you would like to have a smoother batter you can blend this in a blender or food processor.
- Next, add in the vanilla and coconut oil, sugar, and whisk again so it is all incorporated.
- Then finally add in your flour, baking soda.
- Make sure all the flour is mixed in well, and finish off by adding in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 35-40 mins, check continuously towards the end of the time to see how the bread is doing, you want it to be slightly browned on top.
Once your banana bread is all baked, take a good whiff of it, and then cut it into slices and enjoy!! I highly recommend topping with peanut butter or almond butter, so so delicious, and eating it while it’s warm ahhhh its simply the best bite you will ever have!
Please let us know in the comments if you have any questions or concerns and what else you’d love us to make!! And share too if you decide to make it!