Today we wanted to share with you a recipe that you will definitely want to keep in your pocket for these cold days or when a dinner idea falls through, or when you have little time to prepare one. This recipe is quick, easy, and only 6 ingredients!!!
Houston has been a little bit colder than normal the last few weeks. Last week, most of the city even shut down because of icy roads. So while we were keeping warm in our homes, Quimi decided to make this version of chili, she wanted to make it in a healthier, less fatty way because, well, new year new me right?! Haha, she told me about how delicious it turned out and I wasn’t so sure about it, to be honest. I was a little skeptical about her chili until we made it last night…everything changed.
I loveeeeeeÂ chili. I mean cmon who doesn’t?! It has beans, meat, and if you get it just right, the flavor is impeccable! It’s just so good – one of the easiest meals you can have that will fill you up! So we decided to make another batch last night and it turned out amazing. We are so excited to share this recipe and we hope you enjoy just as much as we do!
- 1/2 cup onions chopped (we used frozen chopped onions for a much faster and tearless option)
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 can Mexicorn
- 1 can black beans (we used one that had jalapeÃ±os in it, yum!)
- 1 can kidney beans
- 2 8oz cans of tomato sauce
- 10ish cherry tomatoes sliced in half (optional)
- 1 teaspoon & 1/2 Tablespoon of La Mexicana Carne Asada Seasoning (you could use any kind of meat seasoning you like or some type of MexicanÂ seasoning with a little spice)
- First, you start by putting in your 1/2 cup of chopped onions in a large saucepan with oil over medium heat. Start to sautÃ© those onions just for a few minutes.
- Then you want to add in your ground turkey.
- Once you add the turkey, start to break it down so that it gets brown in color and cook it all the way through. While it is cooking, add in 1 tspÂ of the carneÂ asada seasoning. You want the meat to be seasoned before adding the rest of the ingredients.
- After you see that the meat is cooked, add the rest of your ingredients: Mexicorn, black beans, kidney beans, two cans of tomato sauce, cherry tomatoes.
- Once everything is in, stir it all around to incorporate it. Add in the final 1/2 tablespoon of your seasoning and mix it through. (You can add more to taste, if you’d like)
- Finally, cover the chili and let it set on the stove top to thicken for about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once you notice the liquid has thickened up and the tomatoes are cooked, it’s all done and ready to serve!!
We love serving our chili in big bowls topped with shredded cheese and slices of avocado. Top it with whatever your heart desires and it will be so delicious!
We hope this recipe warms your heart and your home as winter is still around. This recipe will definitely be a hit for us and I am already thinking about when I want to make it again because it’s THAT GOOD!!! Let us know if you try it! – xoxo