We have been wanting to make our own dog treat recipe for a while now! I have always wanted to learn how to make dog treats and I am so excited about these because they are super easy to make and our pups love them so much! Haha. We have two labradoodle babies and if you follow us on social media, you’ve probably seen them in a few (or a lot) of our photos.
What’s funny is that we never grew up having dogs. We always wanted them, but our dad didn’t let us. I’m still not really sure why. I feel like he might have had a traumatizing experience with a dog as a kid or something like that. Anyways, no matter how much we begged, we never got a dog. Now though, we are all obsessed with our two furbabies, especially my dad! Haha. It was such a sweet surprise to see him fall in love with them.
So I was looking up “people foods” that are good for dogs and I knew I wanted to make peanut butter dog treats because they love peanut butter so much. I found that bananas (in moderation) are good because they are a good source of potassium,vitamin C, manganese, vitamin B6, fiber, biotin and copper. I also found that eggs are a great source of digestible protein and can help with pups who may beÂ prone to digestive upset. Oats are a good source of fiber, are great forÂ dogsÂ with bowel irregularity issues and are safe for dogs with wheat allergies.
That’s how I decided to put these ingredients together to make this recipe! It sounds like it will be packed with goodness and deliciousness for our pups! A great and easy healthy dog treats recipe! Dare I say…the best dog treats! Haha.
Homemade Peanut Butter Dog Treats
Makes 24 healthy dog treats
- 1 and 1/2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 large banana
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees.
- In a blender or food processor, grind up the oats until they are in a powdery form.
- In a medium bowl, mix together peanut butter, banana and egg until mostly combined. It’s okay if there’s some lumps from the banana, just get it mostly combined.
- Scoop out one tablespoon of the powdered oats and set aside. Pour in the rest of the powdered oats into the peanut butter mixture and combine fully.
- Next, use some of the leftover oats to coat cutting board and rolling pin. Roll your dough to about 1/2 inch in thickness. Shape with your desired cookie cutter shape.
- Bake in the oven for 15-17 minutes, until the edges are lightly golden brown.
We were SO happy with how much the pups loved these treats!! As you can see in the pictures we tried to take with them, they were ALL about them haha. Let us know if you try them! Would love to hear if your furbabies enjoyed them!