Our newest and latest obsession these days has been MATCHA! Yes, we might be a little late to the Matcha train, but now that we’ve learned more about it and its benefits, we’re drinking it nonstop!
Matcha Tea has a higher and more concentrated grade of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCg) which is in regular green tea. So the benefits are astounding! Matcha can help boost your metabolism and burn calories, it is packed with antioxidants, can help reduce inflammation in the body, and detoxifies effectively and naturally. Also, the antioxidant known as catechins that is in Matcha is known to fight cancer, viruses and heart disease! Some doctors have even put matcha at the top of their “Anti-Cancer Diet Grocery List”.
Matcha does contain caffeine but the side effects of it are not as severe as coffee. I’ve heard so many people talk about how they switched to matcha from coffee due to horrible headaches, fatigue and excessive anxiousness that coffee gives them. Even though I have not experienced those types of side effects, I still enjoy a cup of matcha every now and then to change things up a bit! Matcha is such a safe alternative because it doesn’t raise blood pressure or heart rate either.
Honestly, the health benefits of Matcha are so amazing and extensive, I would encourage you read into it more on Matcha Source.
We decided to take a stab at making our own Matcha Latte recipe at home! Since we have tried matcha from a few different places already, we thought we’d try and save money and purchase our own matcha powder to make some whenever we want! So today we are going to share our simple Matcha Latte recipe and how we enjoy drinking it.
Matcha Latte Recipe
Recipe for one cup of matcha
- 1 cup of milk (we used 2%, you can use non-fat, whole milk dairy-free milk, anything you prefer)
- 1 tsp of matcha green tea powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- First, pour your milk to a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Remove from heat just right before boiling.
- Then pour your milk in a blender and add the rest of your ingredients. Blend on medium speed for 10-20 seconds. Make sure you watch your blender to make sure the mixture doesn’t overflow out of the lid.
- Then once it’s all blended, just grab your mug and pour our your delicious matcha latte!