ATTENTION ATTENTION! THIS RECIPE IS GOING TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE!
Growing up, we would go to the movies with our parents and our Papi would always bring home some popcorn, I mean duh movie theater popcorn is the best. However, what we did not know was that our Papi was a little obsessed with popcorn in general. So much so, he started to make his own version at home and over the years has amped it up more and more. It is the best at-home popcorn you will ever have and get this, IT’S SO EASY! It’s quick, fun and the best at-home snack, especially during quarantine!
We really hope you enjoy this simple way to make popcorn and try it at home and maybe put your own twist on it!
1 large pot
1/2 cup oil (we used olive oil)
1/2 cup kernels (just make sure the pot is covered with them in a single layer)
1/2 stick melted butter for topping
salt to taste
- Get your large pot and place it on the stove at medium-high heat.
- Pour you oil into the pot and let it heat up for 5 mins.
- Throw in two kernels, one on each side of the pot and wait until they pop! – This is crucial, this will tell you when the oil is fully ready.
- Once the two kernels have popped, throw the rest in!
- Every so often give the pot a little shake to insure that the kernels are dispersed evenly.
- Then you wait, the kernels will begin to start popping in 5 mins or less.
- As you notice the popcorn popping once it gets halfway have your containers or bowls ready to pour some in, the pot is not large enough to carry all of the popcorn so you’ll need to pour some out and then place the pot back on the stove to finish the rest.
- Lastly, pour melted butter over your popcorn and salt to taste!
We hope you try some! Watch our video to see exactly how to make it!