A good salad is a gem. We love all different types of salad and lately, we’ve been loving ones that combine savory and sweet! Since it’s summer time, a fresh salad is the perfect dish for any occasion. If you’re looking for more ideas, you can check out our Ultimate Mexican Corn Salad, our Pickled Pico De Gallo, or our Flavorful and Easy Guacamole! We love making our own versions of recipes, finding what we love and sharing it with all of you!
This watermelon feta salad is no different. I’ve heard people talk about watermelon with feta and how good it is. I’ve even seen many recipes on Pinterest for salads similar to this one. But just like our Ultimate Mexican Corn Salad, we like to think ours is extra with all the right ingredients.
If you would have told me that I would love watermelon with balsamic and feta cheese and cucumber, I would definitely be weirded out because I would think they don’t naturally go together, but they actually do! They compliment each other so well and with all the other ingredients in this salad, there’s the perfect amount of crunch, sweet and savory to keep you wanting more! We had a hard time not eating this salad before we took all the pictures to show you lol.
Watermelon Feta Salad Recipe
- 4 heaping cups of cubed watermelon
- 3/4 cup of feta
- 2 cups sliced cucumber
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- Boil balsamic vinaigrette in a sauce pan and bring to a simmer after it boils. Let it simmer for a while until is reduces is volume. Pour into a bowl and set aside and let cool. We put ours in the fridge for a bit to have it cool faster.
- Throw all your ingredients in a large bowl and combine together with wooden spoons.
- For serving, we like to have the bowl of balsamic on the side of the salad bowl with small spoon so people can drizzled their desired amount on their serving.